Your donation to a revolving loan program enables a family to start a pig fattening business where they will buy piglets, fatten them, and sell the fattened pigs to the butcher. The family will be able to use the income from pig sales to reinvest in their business or improve their home or their children’s education. Total cost of a pig fattening loan is $200.
- Piglets take 4 to 6 months to fatten.
- Buying two piglets reduces the risk of the loan.
- This donation funds a revolving loan fund for piglet purchases.
- Each pig sells for over $100 when fully-fattened.
- If one pig dies, profits from selling the surviving pig can repay the loan.
- Repaying the loan builds a family’s credit worthiness.