Your donation enables a school to build a new toilet block. Toilet blocks improve hygiene at school, which reduces illness and increases attendance and academic outcomes. The total cost of a new school toilet for 500 children is $8,000.
- Sized for one toilet for every 25 school students
- Modular design so can be expanded as student numbers grow
- Multiple toilets share one waste pit
- Sufficient capacity for school to begin breakfast feeding program, which increases toilet use
- Sufficient toilets reduces poor sanitation related illnesses such as cholera and typhoid
- Low total cost of building and ongoing maintenance